August 5 – 11, 2012, is National Health Center Week (NHCW) and communities across the United States will be recognizing service contributions of community, migrant, homeless, and school-based Community Health Centers (CHCs). NHCW’s theme “Celebrating America’s Health Centers: Powering Healthier Communities,” highlights the multitude of ways in which America’s Health Centers are powering and empowering healthier communities. Listed below are NHCW events happening in Colorado, where the events span half the month! To learn more about each event, review the CCHN newsletter.
– Friday, Aug. 3, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Salud Family Health Centers Dia de los Niños/Children’s Day Celebration, Salud Family Health Centers Longmont, 220 E. Rogers Rd., Longmont
– Monday, Aug. 6 – High Plains Hot August Nights Live Radio Remote, High Plains Community Health Center, 201 Kendall Dr., Lamar
– Tuesday, Aug. 7 – High Plains 17th Anniversary Celebration and 17 Minute Walk, High Plains Community Health Center, All Sites
– Tuesday, Aug. 7, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Wednesday, Aug. 8, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Sunrise Community Health Bone Marrow Registry Drive, Tuesday: Sunrise Monfort Family Clinic, 2930 11th Ave., Evans
– Wednesday, Aug. 8, 8:30 a.m. – Prowers County Sand & Sage Fair Kids Day, Lamar
– Thursday, Aug. 9, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – MCPN Launches First Mobile Dental Van, MCPN School-Based Health Clinic at Jefferson High School, 2305 Pierce St., Edgewater
– Thursday, Aug. 9, 9:00 a.m. – Sunrise Community Health Cooking Demonstration, Sunrise Larimer Center Clinic, 1250 N. Wilson, Loveland
– Saturday, Aug. 11, 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Healthy Kids Fair, Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, Stout Street Clinic, 2100 Broadway, Denver
– Saturday, Aug. 11, 10:00 a.m. – Prowers County Sand & Sage Fair Parade, Lamar
– Thursday, Aug. 16 – Peak Vista Grand Opening of Falcon SBHC, Falcon Elementary School, 12050 Falcon Highway, Peyton
– Friday, Aug. 17, 10:30 a.m. – 6th Annual Block Party and Health Fair, Salud Family Health Centers, 1635 Blue Spruce Dr., Fort Collins
– Tuesday, Aug. 6 – Thursday, Aug. 11 – High Plains Sports Physicals, various locations, Lamar
– Back to School with Sunrise Community Health Centers – Sunrise Community Health Centers, Sunrise will be hosting Back to School events with sports physicals and immunizations available. Please contact Mark Boelman at (970) 350-4612 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
– MCPN Back to School Supplies Giveaway – MCPN, North Aurora Family Health Services, 3292 Peoria St., Aurora