Physician Assistants are needed in Colorado’s Community Health Centers (CHC). CHCs are located all over Colorado and collectively provide care to nearly 500,000 people annually. Below are CHCs hiring Physicians Assistants:
Metro Community Provider Network, click here for job posting.
Sunrise Community Health, Inc., click here for job posting.
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc., click here for job posting.
For a complete listing of Physician Assistant openings, click here.
April 26, 2012 | Post by: admin | Physician
Primary Care Physicians are needed for multiple Community Health Centers (CHC). CHCs are federally designated entities that provide comprehensive primary care services regardless of ability to pay. CHCs also provide access to dental and mental health services. CHCs have been around for more than 45 years. Below are a few of the Primary Care Physician openings around Colorado:
Metro Community Provider Network, click here for job posting. (Family Practice)
Valley Wide Health Systems, click here for job posting. (Family Practice)
Peak Vista Community Health Centers, click here for job posting (Family Practice).
For a complete listing of Physician openings, click here.
April 17, 2012 | Post by: admin | Clinical Support, Nursing
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks an RN and Health Center Coordinator of Daily Operations to manage the daily clinical care and nursing activities in the clinic and is directly responsible for the supervision of the Medical Assistant staff. This position reports to the Manager of Nursing Services and is located at the West End Health Center, Denver, CO
The West End Health Center is a satellite of Stout Street Clinic which was established as part of the Health Care for the Homeless Project. This project was established to provide medical, mental health, dental care, substance treatment services, outreach, and other supportive services to homeless and at-risk individuals and families.
1. Provides skilled nursing care according to accepted community standards of care in order to preserve or enhance the patient’s highest level of functioning.
2. Gathers information for the patient data base including:
• Complete medical and psychiatric history
• List of current medications, dosages, and allergies.
• Vital signs, height, weight, and head circumference as indicated.
• A brief statement of the patient’s chief complaint.
• Pertinent information such as laboratory and/or test results.
The Care Manager is responsible for coordinating the care of SALUD patients that are stratified as “high risk”, with emphasis on those enrolled in the Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC). The aim is to improve patient health and reduce health care costs. Their primary role will be developing comprehensive care plans that address the medical and social needs of each patient.
The Care Manager will work closely with SALUD patients, SALUD clinics, local community hospitals, community members and partnering agencies. The Care Manager will work in a team-based approach, interacting with various staff members across departments, as well as supporting patients and their families to facilitate self-management, self-efficacy, and behavior change. The Care Manager will adhere to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned duties.
April 10, 2012 | Post by: admin | Mental Health, Nursing
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Psychiatric Nurse to provide direct nursing services and mental health clinical assessment and treatment for Bridges clients in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary treatment team. The position reports to the Bridges Program Manager and Bridges Psychiatrist. The position is located at 2111 Champa, Denver.
The Bridges High Intensity Treatment Team (HITT) works collaboratively with public and private agencies to respond to the service needs of individuals who are homeless and experiencing serious and persistent mental illness.
1. Assesses and monitors clients’ ongoing psychiatric, medical and social needs.
2. Oversees medication monitoring and medication administration under the supervision of the Bridges psychiatrist, or RXN/CNS.
3. Collaborates with internal and external providers to coordinate psychiatric treatment with medical treatment; acts as a psychosocial educational resource by assisting clients in learning about their mental illness, medications and how to protect their overall health.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Medical Director to lead its dedicated team of health care professionals. The Medical Director collaborates with other members of the integrated health, behavioral health, nursing and support services leadership team to provide exceptional integrated care. The position is based at the Coalition’s Stout Street Clinic in downtown Denver (2100 Broadway, Denver, CO 80205) and reports to the Director of Health Services.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, our providers enjoy a regular Monday to Friday daytime schedule, and no emergency call or hospital responsibilities.
1. Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team to identify and address the complex issues which may adversely impact the health of homeless clients.
2. Supervises and collaborates with medical staff:
● Co-signs charts along with other physician providers.
● Helps direct diagnostic and therapeutic plan in difficult cases.
● Creates an environment of life-long learning.
3. Provides high quality primary health care to individuals and families:
● Performs age relevant physical examinations and medical history.
● Provides preventative screening procedures.
● Facilitates clients participation in self-care.