This year’s annual celebration of National Health Center Week, Celebrating America’s Health Centers: Transforming Health Care in Our Local Communities will take place from August 11-17, 2013. Community Health Centers (CHCs) across the nation are preparing events to recognize the important role that CHCs play in providing a medical home to underserved and vulnerable populations.
What will Colorado’s CHC’s be celebrating this year? National Health Center Week gives CHCs and their communities a chance to recognize the impact they have. In 2012, Colorado’s 18 CHCs provided a health care home to over 600,000 of the most vulnerable and underserved community members living in 60 of Colorado’s counties. By hosting events, CHCs will be able to further connect to their communities while celebrating the access to affordable, high quality, and cost effective health care they provide. Jodi Hartmann, the Development Director at Salud Family Health Center, one of Colorado’s CHCs, explains that “National Health Center Week is an excellent venue for raising public awareness of Health Centers. It also helps motivate center leaders to get out into their communities to meet public leaders.”
Want to join in the celebration? Here are some events that Colorado CHCs are hosting:
- Tuesday, August 13, 10am-2pm, Community Fair, Sunrise Community Health Monfort Family Clinic, 2930 11th Avenue, Evans
- Tuesday, August 13, 1pm-3pm, Limon Clinic Open House, Plains Medical Center, Inc. Limon Clinic, 820 1st Street, Limon
- Tuesday, August 13, 10am-12pm, Helena Clinic Re-Inauguration, Metro Community Provider Network, Inc. Helena Clinic, 15501 E. 13th Ave, Aurora
- Tuesday, August 13, Community Appreciation Day, Mountain Family Health Centers Basalt Clinic, 234 Cody Lane, Basalt
- Wednesday, August 14, Community Fair, Sunrise Community Health Monfort Children’s Clinic, 100 N. 11th Ave, Greeley
- Wednesday, August 14, Community Appreciation Day, Mountain Family Health Centers Glenwood Springs Clinic, 1905 Blake Avenue, Suite #101, Glenwood Springs
- Wednesday, August 14, 10am-5pm, Jeffco Family Health Services Clinic Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, Metro Community Provider Network, Inc., 7496 West 29th Avenue, Wheat Ridge
- Thursday, August 15, Community Appreciation Day, Mountain Family Health Centers Black Hawk Clinic, 562 Gregory Street, Black Hawk
- Friday, August 16, 9am-3pm, Community Walk and Block Party,Salud Family Health Centers Ft. Collins Clinic, 1635 Blue Spruce Drive, Fort Collins
- Friday, August 16, Community Appreciation Day, Mountain Family Health Centers Rifle Clinic, 195 W. 14th Street, Rifle
If you’re interested in joining a team at one of the CHCs, check out open jobs at CHCs here.