The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Medical Director to lead its dedicated team of health care professionals. The Medical Director collaborates with other members of the integrated health, behavioral health, nursing and support services leadership team to provide exceptional integrated care. The position is based at the Coalition’s Stout Street Clinic in downtown Denver (2100 Broadway, Denver, CO 80205) and reports to the Director of Health Services.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, our providers enjoy a regular Monday to Friday daytime schedule, and no emergency call or hospital responsibilities.
1. Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team to identify and address the complex issues which may adversely impact the health of homeless clients.
2. Supervises and collaborates with medical staff:
● Co-signs charts along with other physician providers.
● Helps direct diagnostic and therapeutic plan in difficult cases.
● Creates an environment of life-long learning.
3. Provides high quality primary health care to individuals and families:
● Performs age relevant physical examinations and medical history.
● Provides preventative screening procedures.
● Facilitates clients participation in self-care.